Thursday, March 31, 2011

Irritable Mommy Syndrome

First, let me start by clarifying that I love my children.  I actually have very few complaints about them, other than the typical attitude, eye-rolling, shoving dirty underwear under the bed instead of into the hamper kind of things.

So why is it than when my children get super silly, it drives me crazy?  I'm not talking a few knock-knock jokes silly.  I mean full out, screeching, giddy, can' t finish a sentence because they are laughing so hard silly.  Most times, I will join in.  I've even been known to instigate the craziness or egg it on.  But nights when I have IMS, I say things like, "Are you kidding me?  Do I need to seperate you?" 

"But Mom, we aren't doing anything (screeeeeaaaaaaammmmmm) wrong!"  giggle giggle giggle

Sigh.  I know.  I need to enjoy these days while I have them.  And I need to be thankful that my kids actually like each other (at least most of the time).  I need an outlet for that IMS.

I think I'll go sit in time-out for a while and do some thinking.  Maybe read a magazine.  Take a bubble bath.
Relax, calm down.

Then maybe I'll be ready to start a tickle monster fight.  And I'll tell my kids, "If you don't stop laughing, I'll give you something to laugh about!"  giggle giggle....screeeeaaaammmmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment