Thursday, July 28, 2011

Counting my blessings (before I go insane)

Oh my word.  First off, I couldn't even remember how to get back into this blog, and it's ridiculous how I can let that little bit of stress send me over the edge.

Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Breathe in.....breathe....out.  Sometimes I feel like I have to remind myself to exhale.  I tend to hold my breath without realizing it.

So anyway, counting my blessings.  Yes, I have to remind myself to do that as well. 

I already miss that relaxed feeling I had from vacation.  Sitting on the beach at 5:30 in the morning, just me, the sunrise, a few seagulls, and a few lovebirds trying to take pictures of themselves. 

The phone won't stop ringing.  The kids are arguing.  Laundry is piling up.  There's not enough time to be a business owner/mom/wife/friend/etc.

Blessings.  Oh yes.  Let's see.  I guess I'll just state them in no particular order, otherwise I'll stress myself out about one being more important than another.

~I am blessed to be married to the one person who completely gets me.  He understand me more than I understand myself some days (most days), and loves me unconditionally.

~I have three wonderful, healthy children.  They may make me crazy, but they also make me smile more.

~Our business.  While I tend to complain about it, I am thankful for it.  When the phone rings constantly, that means work is coming in and our bills are paid.  It also means we can employ others so they can support their families too. 

~My family, from immediate to far away, life is good because of them.

~Friends, new and old.  Life just wouldn't be the same without them.  Cyber-friends included.

~Church.  It refreshes me, makes me feel I belong, and challenges my thinking in a good way.

~Our garden.  It is a blessing to have more food than weeds growing this year.

~All the little things...from a stranger's smile to a butterfly spreading its wings...I am blessed with more than I can even begin to count.

Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. I took this picture in our garden last year...another reason to be happy!

    ReplyDelete